Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fall Welcome

FALL WELCOME

Welcome Fall

We want beautiful weather, colorful leaves and for fall to last a long, long time before it lets winter slide in.

 This is the fall banner I stitched for the church many years ago. Hung it at Lourdes yesterday. The side panel with the churches I found as a fat quarter in Halifax and thought the fall themed churches were cute but did not know how I would use it. This is how stash is built. A friend gave me a piece of her scrap fabric with leaves on it ...and a banner was born.



 Several years ago I was asked to create a banner for a local gardening club. They were hosting a provincial conference and wanted a banner which could be hung at conferences for their annual events. It was to be a travelling banner onto which the host club name could be recorded and they wanted it to reflect their activities. 


A gardening  bear and a club house


 Leaves are added each year indicating the convention location. I included a supply of leaves which the local host could label and attach.


I had not seen the banner for many years. Because it would travel to many homes and have many owners I stitched a travel bag with a pocket and a pool noodle for comfort.  When you create you often do not see how well things age. This did pretty good but if I did another one I would do more quilting.  I am not fond of the wrinkled look but I guess if you live in a tube you cannot complain. The leaves falling from the flower worked well and the clubs were able to add their names. 

Normally I invite readers to pour a cuppa and sew but maybe today you should pour a cuppa and plant.


 







1 comment:

  1. Well, hello there! What a delightful post showcasing some of your very clever creations. Happy Autumn to you, too. It would be an okay season if it didn't lead into winter! Summer is, by far, my favorite season and always has been. Guess that's not surprising for a teacher and a single mom to declare! XO

    ReplyDelete